Thursday 12 November 2009

Bump in the night!

Being awake in the dark hours can lead to slight paranoia. Twice now I have heard the sound of sheet metal moving - we have some scrap pieces at the back of our building where they have been doing some demolition and its pretty loud. It could sensibly be the wind, it is a bit breezy, its also raining and the water may have dislodged them...cat/fox maybe, or (paranoia) some no good person sneaking about in the dark - no moon tonight as its too cloudy so I can't even snoop on this possible person! Luckily we live on the third floor but I will keep an ear out for the lady who lives below. A bonus of being up all night, one is ready for a night time emergency.

Anyway, enough of all that, no noises for a good 10 minutes! As I said there is no moon visible tonight so I have found a verse from a poem that I like:

'The moon like a flower,
In heaven's high bower,
With silent delight,
Sits and smiles on the night'.

From 'Night' by William Blake.


Even though we can't see it, it is there shining and waning away.

Right, I shall carry on with work, keeping an ear open for ne'er-do-wells outside...why is it that nighttime noises like the hum of the fridge seem deafening when you are trying to listen for something else, you hardly notice it during the day.
Blessings all.

No comments:

Post a Comment